qemu-devel

Re: Adding a 'qemu.qmp' repository to gitlab.com/qemu-project/

From: John Snow
Subject: Re: Adding a 'qemu.qmp' repository to gitlab.com/qemu-project/
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2022 12:48:55 -0500

On Mon, Feb 7, 2022 at 11:56 AM Alex Bennée <alex.bennee@linaro.org> wrote:

> John Snow <jsnow@redhat.com> writes:
>
> > Hi Peter:
> >
> > I am working my way towards splitting the QMP library out of the
> > qemu.git source tree. I'd like to ask for permission to:
> >
> > (1) Create a "qemu.qmp" repository under the qemu-project umbrella on
> > GitLab
>
> No objection for my part except maybe a better name? QemuPythonQmp? I
> guess the header text can make it clear.

At present, the package is named "qemu.qmp", which is the import name in Python.
("qemu" is the namespace, "qmp" is the package, "import qemu.qmp" is
how you import it.)

I figured I'd just name the repository the exact same thing, but I
realize that may introduce some ambiguity at the QEMU project gitlab
namespace level. "py-qemu.qmp" or similar would also probably be fine.
I think I want to avoid straying too far away from the import and
package names, if I can.

--js