qemu-devel

Re: Google summer program

From: Thomas Huth
Subject: Re: Google summer program
Date: Mon, 31 May 2021 06:09:43 +0200

On 30/05/2021 03.03, Shehab Badawy wrote:
Hello i just saw the application you are developing from google summer of code and i'm curious about it
what prerequisites that i need to learn so i can contribute in the application
thanks in advance

 Hi,

thanks for your interest in the QEMU project! However, I think the application period for 2021 is already over, see the timeline here:

 https://summerofcode.withgoogle.com/how-it-works/

But if you'd like to prepare for the next time, most of the projects provided by QEMU require a solid knowledge of the C language (some also use Python or Rust), so that's certainly something you could try to learn in advance (if you don't have that knowledge yet).

To check whether QEMU is the right project for you, I'd recommend to pick one of the small task from our list here:

 https://wiki.qemu.org/Contribute/BiteSizedTasks