qemu-devel

Re: [PULL 0/2] Block patches for 5.1.0-rc4

From: Vladimir Sementsov-Ogievskiy
Subject: Re: [PULL 0/2] Block patches for 5.1.0-rc4
Date: Fri, 28 May 2021 15:12:20 +0300

11.08.2020 12:54, Max Reitz wrote:
On 11.08.20 11:39, Peter Maydell wrote:
On Tue, 11 Aug 2020 at 10:35, Max Reitz <mreitz@redhat.com> wrote:

Hi,

There is a bug in the backup job that breaks backups from images whose
size is not aligned to the job's cluster size (i.e., qemu crashes
because of a failed assertion).  If this bug makes it into the release,
it would be a regression from 5.0.

On one hand, this is probably a rare configuration that should not
happen in practice.  On the other, it is a regression, and the fix
(patch 1) is simple.  So I think it would be good to have this in 5.1.

I'm really reluctant to have to roll an rc4...

Well, that’s the information there is on this: Regression, simple fix,
but little relevance in practice, and late to the party.
If, given this, you don’t want to roll an rc4, then that’s how it is.

Recently bug was reproduced by accidentally starting backup with source = cdrom
(image was not 64k-cluster aligned).

Fedora 33, Rhel/Centos 8 are affected.

Could this go to stable branch?

--