qemu-devel

Help adding multi vector msi support to hw/xen

From: Rama McIntosh
Subject: Help adding multi vector msi support to hw/xen
Date: Wed, 26 May 2021 14:49:44 -1000

Aloha qemu-devel,

I'm interested in coding support for multi-vector msi to hw/xen.    Although I have string c skills, I'm learning qemu, xen, and kernel pci in my spare time to accomplish this.

If anyone can give me some pointers on what exactly needs to be added/changed to qemu to accomplish this it would be appreciated.

Some more background information:

In 2012, Jiang Yunhong left a comment in hw/xen/xen_pt_config_init.c

           /* Currently no support for multi-vector */

I've been reading the code and it is still not obvious to me the changes I need to add for multi vector msi support.   Any pointers would be appreciated.

The pointers I was already given from the qubes-os list:

https://groups.google.com/g/qubes-devel/c/tt76XUtkQS0/m/AbE4dCYsBwAJ

Again, any help would be appreciated to speed up the development.

Thank you,
-Rama

--
Rama McIntosh