qemu-devel

Re: [PULL v2 0/1] readthedoc theme patch

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [PULL v2 0/1] readthedoc theme patch
Date: Wed, 12 May 2021 20:31:40 +0100

On Wed, 12 May 2021 at 17:17, Peter Maydell <peter.maydell@linaro.org> wrote:

> On Wed, 12 May 2021 at 17:02, Marc-André Lureau
> <marcandre.lureau@gmail.com> wrote:

> > Didn't you install readthedoc manually there? I don't see those warnings.
>
> No, I don't install anything manually on the BSD VM setups -- I just
> use the tests/vm makefile magic to run a build-and-test.

I've figured out what was going on here, and it was my mistake;
I didn't look at the logs closely enough. When my scripts run
'make vm-build-netbsd' or whatever, this can trigger a configure
run in the host, which is what is producing these warnings.
The host makefile then goes on to launch the BSD VM and the
inner configure run inside the VM is fine (as you note it doesn't
have sphinx installed, so no docs are built.)

I should be able to deal with this by installing the rtd theme on
the host. I'll retry merging the pullreq.

thanks
-- PMM