qemu-devel

Request for Mentor Interaction - GSOC Proposal for Complete AMD Virtuali

From: Swetha Vipparla
Subject: Request for Mentor Interaction - GSOC Proposal for Complete AMD Virtualization Emulation
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2021 04:27:45 +0000

Respected Organizer

I'm Swetha Vipparla, a computer science student of International Institute of Information Technology, Hyderabad, India (IIIT H). I am currently studying in my first year.

I would like to interact with a mentor in relation to my open-source proposals submitted for GSOC 2021 so far.

The project I’m interested in working on is Complete AMD Virtualization Emulation.

My Github ID is SwethaVipparla, and I have sent 4 patches regarding the following proposals:

  1. Replace common idioms like if (s->len > 0) { g_string_append(s, ", "); } g_string_append(s, "foo") with common helper functions.
  2. Remove leading underscores from #defines: Identifiers with leading underscores followed by another underscore or a capital letter are reserved by the C standard. Using grep 'define[ \t]*_[A-Z_]' $(find -name \*.h | grep -v roms | grep -v linux) to find files that might violate this rule.
  3. Replace calls to functions named cpu_physical_memory_* with address_space_*.
  4. Convert routines with multiple goto exit-paths to use g_autoptr/g_autofree to handle clean-up and allow direct returns.

Please connect me with a mentor so that I can go ahead with my final proposal.

Thank You.

With Regards

Swetha Vipparla
Student of International Institute of Information Technology, Hyderabad, India (IIIT H)