qemu-devel

docs/qemu-qmp-ref.7 markup messed up

From: Markus Armbruster
Subject: docs/qemu-qmp-ref.7 markup messed up
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2021 15:19:38 +0100

When I look at docs/qemu-qmp-ref.7 with less -R, I see

   ReplicationMode (Enum)
       An enumeration of replication modes.

   Values
       primary
              Primary mode, the vm's state will be sent to secondary QEMU.

       secondary
              Secondary mode, receive the vm's state from primary QEMU.

   Since
       2.9

   If
-->    defined(CONFIG_REPLICATION).SS BlockdevOptionsReplication (Object)

       Driver specific block device options for replication

   Members
       mode: ReplicationMode
              the replication mode

The line I marked with --> is bad.  It should instead look like

   If
       defined(CONFIG_REPLICATION)

   BlockdevOptionsReplication (Object)

       Driver specific block device options for replication

Unformatted code:

    .SS \fBReplicationMode\fP (Enum)
    .sp
    An enumeration of replication modes.
    .SS Values
    .INDENT 0.0
    .TP
    .B \fBprimary\fP
    Primary mode, the vm\(aqs state will be sent to secondary QEMU.
    .TP
    .B \fBsecondary\fP
    Secondary mode, receive the vm\(aqs state from primary QEMU.
    .UNINDENT
    .SS Since
    .sp
    2.9
    .SS If
--> \fBdefined(CONFIG_REPLICATION)\fP.SS \fBBlockdevOptionsReplication\fP
(Object)
    .sp
    Driver specific block device options for replication
    .SS Members
    .INDENT 0.0
    .TP
    .B \fBmode\fP: \fBReplicationMode\fP
    the replication mode
    .TP

I believe line I marked with --> should be broken before .SS.

I'm using sphinx-build-3 2.2.2.

I checked with the merge commit that switched QAPI doc generation to
Sphinx (commit e344ffe73b), same result.