qemu-devel

Re: gitlab-ci: Only build /staging branch?

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: gitlab-ci: Only build /staging branch?
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2021 10:34:21 +0000

On Thu, 25 Mar 2021 at 09:33, Philippe Mathieu-Daudé <f4bug@amsat.org> wrote:
> v6.0 is at the door and I was wondering what is missing to have the
> CI used as a gate.

It needs to be faster. Mostly I do check the gitlab CI pipeline
status, but in the run-up to getting rc0 out I stopped waiting
for the gitlab CI job to finish, because I was continually finding
that I kicked off a run, my local build-tests would complete within
an hour or so, and the gitlab CI jobs were still pending, barely
started, etc. Turnaround on testing a merge must be 90 minutes or
less, especially during release periods, because there are always
a huge number of merges that arrive for me to test in the last
couple of days before freeze.

thanks
-- PMM