qemu-devel

Re: Half a usb-redir idea

From: Gerd Hoffmann
Subject: Re: Half a usb-redir idea
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2021 07:30:20 +0100

  Hi,

> > What about DMA accesses?
>
> I was assuming it was wired to the other half of usbredir than
> the current qemu client side code, so it would handle it.

Yep, that is for the most part handled by the host adapter emulation.
The usb device emulation will see an USBPacket struct with an iovec,
typically pointing to guest ram, but you can easily have the usbredir
server bits point to network packet content instead and the device
emulation code wouldn't notice the difference.

take care,
  Gerd