qemu-devel

Re: CI with --enable-debug?

From: Thomas Huth
Subject: Re: CI with --enable-debug?
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2021 06:14:41 +0100

On 01/03/2021 15.06, Markus Armbruster wrote:
Today I debugged why Paolo couldn't reproduce an assertion failure I
found in review.  Turns out compiling with optimization masks it for
both of us.

This made me wonder whether our CI tests with and without optimization.
I quick grep finds --enable-debug in .travis.yml, but not in .gitlab*.
Is this a gap?

When did you update your local repo the last time? There should be at least one --enable-debug in the gitlab CI now, see commit ac6d7074c0751f6.

If that didn't catch your problem, it's bad luck. With the slow shared runners, we currently cannot test each and every combination. But if you've got an idea where to add another switch, feel free to send patches.

 Thomas