qemu-devel

Re: [PULL 00/10] migration queue

From: Thomas Huth
Subject: Re: [PULL 00/10] migration queue
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2020 11:13:44 +0200

On 14/10/2020 22.01, Peter Xu wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 11, 2020 at 07:29:25PM +0100, Peter Maydell wrote:
>>> Migration:
>>>   Dirtyrate measurement API cleanup
>>>   Postcopy recovery fixes
>>>
>>> Virtiofsd:
>>>   Missing qemu_init_exec_dir call
>>>   Support for setting the group on socket creation
>>>   Stop a gcc warning
>>>   Avoid tempdir in sandboxing
>>
>> This seems to hang in 'make check' trying to run
>> tests/qtest/migration-test on s390x and ppc, ie
>> the big-endian hosts.
>
> Hi, Peter,
>
> Do you know what's the page size on both platforms?

s390x uses 4k page size by default. Only huge-pages are different.

> I'm also trying to find a s390x host to give it a shot.  However I decided to
> also ask this loud so it might be even faster.

Easiest way to test on s390x is likely to use Travis. If you have already an
github or gitlab account, you can simply clone the qemu repository there and
add Travis (from the Marketplace in Github, not sure how it exactly works
with Gitlab) to your cloned repo. If you then push commits to a branch,
Travis should trigger automatically, including runs on s390x, see e.g.:

 https://travis-ci.com/github/huth/qemu/jobs/399317194

 HTH,
  Thomas