qemu-devel

Re: [PULL 00/10] migration queue

From: Peter Xu
Subject: Re: [PULL 00/10] migration queue
Date: Thu, 8 Oct 2020 13:43:55 -0400

On Thu, Oct 08, 2020 at 12:09:15PM -0500, Eric Blake wrote:
> On 10/8/20 11:18 AM, Peter Maydell wrote:
>

> > Compile failure, windows crossbuilds:
> >
> > ../../migration/migration.c: In function 'page_request_addr_cmp':
> > ../../migration/migration.c:148:23: error: cast from pointer to
> > integer of different size [-Werror=pointer-to-int-cast]
> >      unsigned long a = (unsigned long) ap, b = (unsigned long) bp;
> >                        ^
>
> 'unsigned long' is platform specific; so is uintptr_t, but it may fit
> more naturally.  Or maybe you are better off with a specific 32- or
> 64-bit type, but even so, may need a double cast (first to uintptr_t
> then to your real target) to shut up warnings?

Sorry for that.

When I was initially trying to fix the 32bit build failure I did use double
cast, but I (obviously, wrongly) thought sizeof(unsigned long) should always be
the same size as sizeof(void *), so I explicitly removed that, since at least
my 32bit compile didn't complaint.

But obviously Windows/mingw is probably different on that..

I'll find a mingw environment soon and verify.  It would take some more time
after docker stopped to work on my current host due to cgroup versions, however
shouldn't be long.

Thanks,

--
Peter Xu