qemu-devel

Re: acceptance-system-fedora failures

From: Philippe Mathieu-Daudé
Subject: Re: acceptance-system-fedora failures
Date: Wed, 7 Oct 2020 07:20:49 +0200

On 10/7/20 1:07 AM, John Snow wrote:
> I'm seeing this gitlab test fail quite often in my Python work; I don't
> *think* this has anything to do with my patches, but maybe I need to try
> and bisect this more aggressively.
>
> The very first hint of an error I see is on line 154:
>
> https://gitlab.com/jsnow/qemu/-/jobs/776334918#L154
>
> 22:05:36 ERROR|
> 22:05:36 ERROR| Reproduced traceback from:
> /builds/jsnow/qemu/build/tests/venv/lib64/python3.8/site-packages/avocado/core/test.py:753
>
> 22:05:36 ERROR| Traceback (most recent call last):
> 22:05:36 ERROR|   File
> "/builds/jsnow/qemu/build/tests/acceptance/avocado_qemu/__init__.py",
> line 171, in setUp
> 22:05:36 ERROR|     self.cancel("No QEMU binary defined or found in the
> build tree")

Last year the Avocado developers said we could have a clearer
log error report, but meanwhile this verbose output is better
that not having anything ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

> Is this a known problem?

"No QEMU binary defined or found in the build tree" is not a
problem, it means a test is skipped because the qemu-system-$ARCH
binary is not found. In your case this is because your job
(acceptance-system-fedora) is based on build-system-fedora
which only build the following targets:

    TARGETS: tricore-softmmu microblaze-softmmu mips-softmmu
      xtensa-softmmu m68k-softmmu riscv32-softmmu ppc-softmmu
      sparc64-softmmu

Now I don't understand what binary the EmptyCPUModel/Migration tests
are expecting. Maybe these tests only work when a single target is
built? IOW not expecting that the python code searching for a binary
return multiple ones? -> Eduardo/Cleber.

w.r.t. the error in your build, I told Thomas about the
test_ppc_mac99/day15/invaders.elf timeouting but he said this is
not his area. Richard has been looking yesterday to see if it is
a TCG regression, and said the test either finished/crashed raising
SIGCHLD, but Avocado parent is still waiting for a timeout, so the
children become zombie and the test hang.

Not sure that helps :)

Regards,

Phil.