qemu-devel

Re: [PULL v7 000/151] Meson-based build system

From: Paolo Bonzini
Subject: Re: [PULL v7 000/151] Meson-based build system
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2020 18:02:26 +0200

On 20/08/20 16:54, Peter Maydell wrote:
> Configuring ninjatool using configuration
> Library m found: YES
> Library util found: YES
> Library aio found: YES
> Library rt found: YES
> Found pkg-config: /usr/bin/pkg-config (0.29.1)
> WARNING: Static library 'asound' not found for dependency 'sdl2', may
> not be statically linked
> WARNING: Static library 'pulse-simple' not found for dependency
> 'sdl2', may not be statically linked
> WARNING: Static library 'pulse' not found for dependency 'sdl2', may
> not be statically linked
> WARNING: Static library 'sndio' not found for dependency 'sdl2', may
> not be statically linked
> WARNING: Static library 'wayland-egl' not found for dependency 'sdl2',
> may not be statically linked
> WARNING: Static library 'wayland-client' not found for dependency
> 'sdl2', may not be statically linked
> WARNING: Static library 'wayland-cursor' not found for dependency
> 'sdl2', may not be statically linked
> Run-time dependency sdl2 found: YES 2.0.8
> Found CMake: /usr/bin/cmake (3.10.2)
> Run-time dependency sdl-image found: NO (tried pkgconfig and cmake)
> Run-time dependency libpng found: YES 1.6.34
>
> What are they for, and can they be suppressed ?

Meson (just like configure before it) is looking for SDL and other
dependencies even if you're not building system emulators.

Because you don't have those dependencies installed as static libraries,
Meson warns that library is marked as "not found" even though the
library itself is there.  To suppress the warnings, it's enough to put
an "if have_system" around the dependency check.  Let me know if you
want me to do it now.

Paolo