qemu-devel

Re: tests/vm infrastructure fails to notice that QEMU dying is a failure

From: John Snow
Subject: Re: tests/vm infrastructure fails to notice that QEMU dying is a failure
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2020 10:16:40 -0400

On 7/18/20 5:30 AM, Peter Maydell wrote:
On Fri, 17 Jul 2020 at 23:24, John Snow <jsnow@redhat.com> wrote:
- The real problem, though: Why is QEMU hanging? It might need a longer
timeout, or it might be having problems with the console socket again.

The host machine seemed to be under really heavy I/O load at the time.

thanks
-- PMM

Kevin's reporting problems too, with a 3 second wait being too optimistic. Let's extend the timeout a bit, which should help in that case.

(Avoiding exceptions in the atexit handler will take a little longer perhaps, but I will start working on that too.)

--js