qemu-devel

Re: [PULL 10/41] python/qemu: Add ConsoleSocket for optional use in QEMU

From: Eduardo Habkost
Subject: Re: [PULL 10/41] python/qemu: Add ConsoleSocket for optional use in QEMUMachine
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2020 10:37:33 -0400

On Mon, Jul 13, 2020 at 04:16:50PM +0200, Philippe Mathieu-Daudé wrote:
> On 7/13/20 3:57 PM, John Snow wrote:
> > On 7/11/20 12:15 PM, Robert Foley wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >> Thanks for the detailed feedback!  I will look at making these changes.
> >>

> > Sorry that it came so late ...
>
> I was looking for the patch that makes the python-next series rebase
> to fail and now I see your comments :(
>
> So we lost the race. I'll see what can still be merged.
>
> Sorry it took so long due to the Avocado tests failing :(
>
> OTOH I think it is time to declare the Python scripts need more
> maintainers because we can't keep up. There are various scripts
> and tests written in Python that missed the 5.1 freeze.
>
> Cleber/Eduardo what do you think (about getting more maintainers
> involved)?

I agree.  I am not being able to keep up and dedicate the time
required to be a good maintainer for the parts I maintain.

My suggestion would be to not have maintainers for "Python
scripts" in general, but having actual maintainers for specific
parts (python/*, tests/vm, tests/migration, scripts/tracetool,
scripts/qapi, etc).

--
Eduardo