qemu-devel

Re: [PULL 00/53] Misc patches for QEMU 5.1 soft freeze

From: Paolo Bonzini
Subject: Re: [PULL 00/53] Misc patches for QEMU 5.1 soft freeze
Date: Wed, 8 Jul 2020 20:41:18 +0200

Il mer 8 lug 2020, 20:25 Claudio Fontana <cfontana@suse.de> ha scritto:
What I did notice is that all the code that directly or indirectly uses the functions is under an

if (0) (
)

since tcg_enabled is the constant 0.

By "indirectly" I mean that the static void qemu_tcg_cpu_thread_fn() function that calls those is referenced only by static void qemu_tcg_init_vcpu(), which is called only under an if (0),
ie if (tcg_enabled()).

Maybe my compiler is older.

I admit I am not familiar with the rationale of why the stubs are all built regardless, could we have that icount.o from stubs/ is replacing softmmu/icount.o to cause this?

No, stubs are in a static library and therefore are always overridden by symbols in the executable's .o files.

Paolo

Thanks,

Claudio