qemu-devel

Re: [REPORT] [GSoC - TCG Continuous Benchmarking] [#2] Dissecting QEMU I

From: Ahmed Karaman
Subject: Re: [REPORT] [GSoC - TCG Continuous Benchmarking] [#2] Dissecting QEMU Into Three Main Parts
Date: Wed, 1 Jul 2020 16:47:35 +0200

On Mon, Jun 29, 2020 at 12:25 PM Ahmed Karaman
<ahmedkhaledkaraman@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> The second report of the TCG Continuous Benchmarking series builds
> upon the QEMU performance metrics calculated in the previous report.
> This report presents a method to dissect the number of instructions
> executed by a QEMU invocation into three main phases:
> - Code Generation
> - JIT Execution
> - Helpers Execution
> It devises a Python script that automates this process.
>
> After that, the report presents an experiment for comparing the
> output of running the script on 17 different targets. Many conclusions
> can be drawn from the results and two of them are discussed in the
> analysis section.
>
> Report link:
> https://ahmedkrmn.github.io/TCG-Continuous-Benchmarking/Dissecting-QEMU-Into-Three-Main-Parts/
>
> Previous reports:
> Report 1 - Measuring Basic Performance Metrics of QEMU:
> https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2020-06/msg06692.html
>
> Best regards,
> Ahmed Karaman

Hi Mr. Lukáš and Yonggang,

I've created a separate "setup" page on the reports website.
https://ahmedkrmn.github.io/TCG-Continuous-Benchmarking/setup/

It contains the hardware and OS information of the used system.
It also contains all dependencies and setup instructions required to
set up a machine identical to the one used in the reports.

If you have any further questions or you're using a different Linux
distribution, please let me know.

Best regards,
Ahmed Karaman