qemu-devel

Re: [RFC 1/3] cpu-throttle: new module, extracted from cpus.c

From: Claudio Fontana
Subject: Re: [RFC 1/3] cpu-throttle: new module, extracted from cpus.c
Date: Fri, 22 May 2020 10:15:42 +0200

On 5/22/20 8:07 AM, Thomas Huth wrote:
> [...]

Hello Thomas,

thanks for taking a look, I will add an explanatory message.

I was thinking something along the lines of:

"
move the vcpu throttling functionality into its own module.
It contains the controls to adjust and inspect vcpu throttling settings, start
(set) and stop
vcpu throttling, and the throttling function itself that is run periodically on
vcpus
to make them take a nap.
Execution of the throttling function on all vcpus is triggered by a timer,
registered at module initialization.

No functionality change.
"

Thanks,