qemu-devel

Re: Fwd: Qemu Support for Virtio Video V4L2 driver

From: Dmitry Sepp
Subject: Re: Fwd: Qemu Support for Virtio Video V4L2 driver
Date: Mon, 11 May 2020 11:40:22 +0200

Hi Saket and all,

As we are working with automotive platforms, unfortunately we don't plan any
Qemu reference implementation so far.

Of course we are ready to support the community if any help is needed. Is
there interest in support for the FWHT format only for testing purpose or you
want a full-featured implementation on the QEMU side?

Please note that the spec is not finalized yet and a major update is now
discussed with upstream and the Chrome OS team, which is also interested and
deeply involved in the process. The update mostly implies some rewording and
reorganization of data structures, but for sure will require a driver rework.

Best regards,
Dmitry.