qemu-devel

Re: tst-arm-mte bug: PSTATE.TCO is cleared on exceptions

From: Richard Henderson
Subject: Re: tst-arm-mte bug: PSTATE.TCO is cleared on exceptions
Date: Thu, 7 May 2020 10:21:47 -0700

On 5/7/20 2:59 AM, Szabolcs Nagy wrote:
> is there some recommended way to turn some form
> of tracing on in qemu before i execute the
> problematic application?

I didn't add any tracing within mte.  I can do so if we can guess what we're
looking for.

> or is it better if i try to extract a reproducer?
> (that does not use the network)

A reproducer would be most helpful.

Something that can help is saving a VM snapshot with the kernel booted and the
user logged in, just ready to run the test program.  Then you can get back to
exactly the state you want before things go wrong, even with a different qemu
build.

r~