qemu-devel

Re: How to tell DMA controller in qemu to terminate transfer ?

From: Guenter Roeck
Subject: Re: How to tell DMA controller in qemu to terminate transfer ?
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2020 04:46:56 -0800

Hi Peter,

On 1/10/20 2:36 AM, Peter Maydell wrote:
On Wed, 8 Jan 2020 at 18:36, Guenter Roeck <address@hidden> wrote:

Hi,

I am trying to fix DMA support with Exynos4210. The original commit
59520dc65e ("hw/arm/exynos4210: Add DMA support for the Exynos4210") doesn't
really work, primarily because it assigns wrong interrupt lines (no idea
how I thought I tested that).

Problem I have right now is that the pl330 peripheral DMA in Exynos4210
depends on a signal from the peripheral device (here: serial ports)
to end a DMA transfer. To make this work, I need a signal from
exynos4210_uart.c to pl330.c to terminate the DMA after the receive
buffer is empty.

How can I implement this in qemu ?

That depends. How does the UART signal the DMA controller
in real hardware? If there's a signal line of some kind,

Yes, that is my understanding.

then you can model that with a qemu_irq line which the UART
exposes and raises/lowers at the right time, that's then
plumbed through by the SoC to the DMA controller.

Makes sense. Can you give me some hints on how to do that, or point me
to an example ?

The pl330 dma code registers a set of gpio pins tied to pl330_dma_stop_irq().
I suspect that is what I am looking for, I just have no idea how to tie
it to the serial driver code.

Thanks,
Guenter