qemu-devel

Re: Initialize data memory in user space emulation

From: Libo Zhou
Subject: Re: Initialize data memory in user space emulation
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2019 22:49:30 +0800

Hi Peter,

Thanks for your explanation. Please let me add more details about what I need
to do.

I need to emulate a Digital Signal Processor. The DSP essentially has only
basic MIPS ISA, and it manipulates the data stored in a "data memory". I can
run an ELF with user space emulation, what I need to additionally do is to
initialize the "data memory" first, then run an ELF that manipulates the data
in the "data memory", and finally see if the resulting data are correct or not.

Do you have any suggestions?

Cheers,
Libo Zhou