qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] QEMU as ISS (Instruction Set Simulator)

From: Libo Zhou
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] QEMU as ISS (Instruction Set Simulator)
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2019 18:28:37 +0800

Alex Bennée <address@hidden> writes:

> The gdbstub should allow you do full introspection and adding
> additional registers is fairly easy, see mips_cpu_gdb_read_register function
> in  target/mips/gdbstub.c.

Hi Alex and Aleksandar,

Now I can connect gdb to qemu successfully. And I can use this command to show
all the register contents in a gdb session.

(gdb) layout regs

However, I will need to add some more registers to the CPU. Does adding new
registers in gdbstub.c also show the new registers in the TUI?
I doubt it because when I modified the regnames[] in translate.c, the
registers' names didn't change in gdb.

Cheers,
Libo