qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [PULL 44/45] Fedora images: use URLs from stable "archi

From: Philippe Mathieu-Daudé
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [PULL 44/45] Fedora images: use URLs from stable "archives.fedoraproject.org"
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2019 13:11:23 +0200

On 9/10/19 11:07 AM, Daniel P. Berrangé wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 10, 2019 at 09:43:48AM +0100, Alex Bennée wrote:
>> From: Cleber Rosa <address@hidden>
>>
>> The LinuxInitrd.test_with_2gib_file_should_work_with_linux_v4_16 test,
>> from tests/acceptance/linux_initrd.py, is currently failing to fetch
>> the "vmlinuz" file.  The reason for the failure is that the Fedora
>> project retires older versions from the "dl.fedoraproject.org" URL,
>> and keeps them in "archives.fedoraproject.org".  As an added note,
>> that test uses a Fedora 28 image, because of the specific Linux kernel
>> version requirements of the test.
>>
>> For the sake of stability, let's use URLs from the archived and
>> supposedely ever stable URLs.  The good news is that the currently
>> supported versions are also hosted on the later.  This change limits
>> itself to change the URLs, while keeping the fetched files the same
>> (as can be evidenced by the unchanged hashes).
>
> FWIW, I commented on the oiriginal patch before seeing this PR.
> I don't think we should be using the archive URL for anything
> which still exists on download.fedoraproject.org as that's placing
> undesirable load on the Fedora master servers, instead of using its
> primary CDN via the mirror services.

- qemu-doc.texi

This documentation is used by distributions and can stay installed for
ages. I have no idea how often users copy/paste the doc to use it, but
at least the documentation urls will stay working.

- tests/acceptance/boot_linux_console.py
- tests/acceptance/linux_initrd.py

These are cached for local user, and with the addition of '.travis.yml:
Cache Avocado cache' in this series, these are now also cached on Travis CI.

- tests/vm/fedora

This one I don't know, you might be right.

Regards,

Phil.