qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC] docs: vhost-user: add in-band kick/call messages

From: Johannes Berg
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC] docs: vhost-user: add in-band kick/call messages
Date: Thu, 05 Sep 2019 22:28:33 +0200

> +``VHOST_USER_VQ_CALL``
> +  :id: 34
> +  :equivalent ioctl: N/A
> +  :slave payload: vring state description
> +  :master payload: N/A

Oops. This message should be called VHOST_USER_VRING_KICK.

This file doesn't take about virtqueues, just vrings, and I inverted the
call/kick.

[...]

> +``VHOST_USER_VQ_KICK``
> +  :id: 4
> +  :equivalent ioctl: N/A
> +  :slave payload: vring state description
> +  :master payload: N/A

Similarly, that should be called VHOST_USER_SLAVE_VRING_CALL.

Anyway, some comments would be appreciated. I'm working on an
implementation now for my simulation environment, and I guess I can keep
that private etc. but if there's interest I can submit an (optional)
implementation of this for libvhost-user too, I think.

johannes