qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Cryptic errors from PIP install if missing openssl-deve

From: Cleber Rosa
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Cryptic errors from PIP install if missing openssl-devel
Date: Tue, 3 Sep 2019 11:47:02 -0400

On Tue, Sep 03, 2019 at 05:22:48PM +0200, Philippe Mathieu-Daudé wrote:
> On 9/3/19 5:08 PM, Cleber Rosa wrote:
> > On Thu, Aug 29, 2019 at 11:46:15AM +0200, Philippe Mathieu-Daudé wrote:
> >>
> >> class avocado.utils.ssh.Session(address, credentials)
> >>
> >>   Parameters:
> >>
> >>     credentials (tuple)
> >>          username and path to a key for authentication purposes
> >>
> >> The current test uses username + password.
> >> Can we use this credentials with the Avocado module?
> >> (The image used is prebuilt).
> >>

> > I'm working on adding password based authentication.  To keep the API
> > the same, I'm thinking of checking if the second credential item is an
> > existing file, if it is, assume one containing a key.  If not, assume
> > it's a password.
>
> Why not use a dictionary? Keys would be explicit.

Now it's clear that a dict would've been the best option from the
beginning, but I was wrongly optimistic, and biased by the
"avocado.utils.vmimage" + "avocado.utils.cloudinit" combination, that
we'd only have to deal with key based auth.

So the question now is really how to evolve the API, either breaking
the current version or not.  At this time, I'd try to keep the API
unchanged, given that it still feels logical that the tuple is about
credentials, just that the second item can be either a path to a key
or password.

Thoughts?
- Cleber.