qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC 2/3] intc/arm_gic: Support PPI injection for more

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC 2/3] intc/arm_gic: Support PPI injection for more than 256 vpus
Date: Tue, 3 Sep 2019 09:29:43 +0100

On Thu, 29 Aug 2019 at 08:58, Auger Eric <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi Zenghui,
>
> On 8/29/19 4:53 AM, Zenghui Yu wrote:
> > For confirmation, should we also adjust the vcpu_index in
> > arm_cpu_kvm_set_irq(), just like above?
>
> I am not familiar with this path. in arm_cpu_initfn(), there is a
> comment saying "VIRQ and VFIQ are unused with KVM but we add them to
> maintain the same interface as non-KVM CPUs." So I don't know when that
> code gets executed.

That comment is saying that all KVM guest CPUs are
EL1-only (since we don't handle nested virt), and therefore
they logically don't have an inbound VIRQ or VFIQ line.
But we provide the qemu_irqs for them anyway, so that
board code doesn't have to have tedious conditionals
saying "if this CPU has EL2 then wire up VIRQ and VFIQ
to the GIC". If you ever try to actually assert the VIRQ
or VFIQ lines you will hit the g_assert_not_reached() in
arm_cpu_kvm_set_irq().

thanks
-- PMM