qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] QUEM booting from external

From: Grove, Michael
Subject: [Qemu-devel] QUEM booting from external
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2019 00:38:14 +0000

Hi All,

Sorry for going straight to  the developers but I have a very complex  problem.
I have QNX application/OS that is licensed to the physical media it exists
on(media ID). When you boot on bare metal directly from the media all is good.
When I boot form the media in QEMU it acts like the media is copied and fails
to license. Any suggestions, I'm using windows10 as my host OS.
 Here is the launch  command:

qemu-system-i386.exe  -L . -name NavigtorVM -m 900 -drive
file=\\.\PhysicalDrive3,if=ide,index=0,media=disk,format=raw,copy-on-read=off
-netdev tap,id=mynet0,ifname=Ethernet -device e1000,netdev=mynet0

Thank You,

Michael Grove
Sr. Controls Engineer - Show Control Sys.
Walt Disney World
Design & Engineering
(407) 492-9867
address@hidden<mailto:address@hidden>