qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [patch] s390-dis.c license

From: Johannes Schindelin
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [patch] s390-dis.c license
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2008 18:55:39 +0000 (GMT)

Hi,

On Thu, 17 Jan 2008, Stefan Weil wrote:

> Is GPLv3 unwanted for QEMU source code? If yes: why?

The problem is: you would have to ask every contributor whose code is
still somewhere in the source code.  That is tedious, and takes time (I do
not even think that an email would suffice).

Besides, it would probably give problems to other projects using GPLv2 and
using parts of QEmu (Xen, Darwine, ...).

Speaking for myself, I'm not that interested in licenses, but code...

Ciao,
Dscho