Re: cortex-a55 support

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: cortex-a55 support
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2020 09:57:36 +0000

On Mon, 30 Nov 2020 at 08:37, Peng Fan (OSS) <peng.fan@oss.nxp.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am thinking to add cortex-a55 support to qemu target/arm/cpu64.c,
> Is this the right way, or I should use cpu max?

If you need to add an SoC model that uses the Cortex-A55, then
yes, adding a Cortex-A55 CPU model is the right way to go.
You'll need to check whether QEMU supports all the architectural
features the A55 has. If it does then adding the CPU model is
fairly straightforward -- just a function setting the initial
ID register values plus probably something for implementation-specific
system registers.

thanks
-- PMM