Re: [QUESTION] ARMv8.4-SecEL2 support

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [QUESTION] ARMv8.4-SecEL2 support
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2020 13:15:04 +0100

On Fri, 19 Jun 2020 at 12:21, Henrik Uhrenfeldt
<henrik.uhrenfeldt@huawei.com> wrote:
> I am about to do some work with the ARM Secure EL2 feature (ARMv8.4-SecEL2).
> QEMU virt target has been my environment of choice for some time, and I would
> like to do it in QEMU virt if possible.

> Several places in target/arm/helper.c mention "TODO: ARMv8.4-SecEL2". Would
> anyone here on the list be aware of any current plans to support it?

I'm not aware of any current plans. Certainly it is not very
high up Linaro's roadmap (we have a lot of other emulation
features we want to add that are higher priority.)
If you wanted to implement the emulation support we'd
be happy to help review your patches.

thanks
-- PMM