Re: [Qemu-arm] Adding /dev/tpm0 to qemu-system-aarch64

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-arm] Adding /dev/tpm0 to qemu-system-aarch64
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2019 17:16:52 +0100

On Tue, 17 Sep 2019 at 17:04, Lakshmi Ramasubramanian
<address@hidden> wrote:
> The TPM I am emulating is implemented in firmware (fTPM) that runs in
> the Trust Zone (emulated in QEMU). There is a kernel module that handles
> this fTPM.
>
> If I add the following entry in the Device Tree that QEMU passes to the
> boot loader, the fTPM kernel module will load and it should be able to
> talk to the firmware device.
>
>         tpm@0 {
>             compatible = "myorg,ftpm"
>         };
>
> How do I add such a custom entry in the device tree in QEMU?

If you're running a UEFI blob within QEMU that runs at EL3
and provides this TPM, then it's the responsibility of that UEFI
blob to provide device tree or ACPI tables to the guest which
describe devices which the UEFI blob is providing. QEMU shouldn't
describe them in the device tree it passes to UEFI, because
QEMU doesn't implement them.

thanks
-- PMM