Re: [Qemu-arm] [Qemu-devel] [PULL v2 00/28] Kconfig for Arm machines

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-arm] [Qemu-devel] [PULL v2 00/28] Kconfig for Arm machines
Date: Thu, 9 May 2019 17:54:26 +0100

On Wed, 8 May 2019 at 16:33, Thomas Huth <address@hidden> wrote:

> On 08/05/2019 17.09, Peter Maydell wrote:
> > On Tue, 7 May 2019 at 14:45, Thomas Huth <address@hidden> wrote:
> >> Kconfig settings for the Arm machines
> >> (v2: Fix the dependency of q35 to AHCI_ICH9 in the second patch)
> >
> > Hi -- this is still failing in the build test where I 'make clean'
>
> Very weird. What is running before the "make clean"? Could you provide
> me with the content of i386-softmmu/config-devices.mak please?

Nothing runs before make clean -- my scripts effectively just do
a git merge, then make clean, then make, then make check.

http://people.linaro.org/~peter.maydell/config-devices.mak
is the i386-softmmu/config-devices.mak
(it does not include AHCI_ICH9).

I notice that "make clean" does not delete config-devices.mak,
and "make" doesn't cause anything to update it, either.

Further, if I "touch hw/i386/Kconfig" and then run make, nothing
is rebuilt at all, so something seems to be wrong with our
makefile dependencies somewhere.

It's kind of weird that it only shows up with the from-clean
build and not with the incrementals, though.

thanks
-- PMM