Re: [Qemu-arm] Arm Cortex A-72 Emulator not able to configure

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-arm] Arm Cortex A-72 Emulator not able to configure
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2018 12:39:30 -0700

On 21 September 2018 at 11:04, karthi mohanraj
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I’m new to Qemu Environment. I was trying to setup a Arm (64 bit) emulator
> for getting hands-on and need to setup an development environment. I was
> not able to find any document or any working article for setting up
> the ARM Emulator using KVM. Can someone help me to point in right direction
> to proceed?

https://translatedcode.wordpress.com/2017/07/24/installing-debian-on-qemus-64-bit-arm-virt-board/
To use KVM on an Arm host you should just be able to pass
"-cpu host -enable-kvm" instead of "-cpu cortex-53" (by
default it will use emulation, which will work but be slower).

> can this be achieved in Nested Virtualization?

You'll need to be clearer about what you mean here, but in general
nested virt is not yet implemented for arm hosts.

thanks
-- PMM