pyformex-dev

[pyformex-dev] Status of migration to Savannah

From: Benedict Verhegghe
Subject: [pyformex-dev] Status of migration to Savannah
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2011 20:17:10 +0100

Hi devs,

A quick update on the status of the migration from BerliOS to Savannah.

* NEWS: Done

* SVN repository:  Done

* BUGS: Done
New bugs can be submitted. I have an archive of old bugs on berlios,
but do not intend to enter them in the Savannah system, as they have
been solved.

* FORUMS: Done  --> SUPPORT
That means, there will be no Forums anymore (Savannah has obsoleted them
and promotes the use of the safer and more functional SUPPORT tracker.
What about the information in the old forums? Like for the bugs, I have
an archive. Maybe we should go through it, extract the relevant
information and put it in the FAQ?

* Tasks: Mostly Done
Maybe we should start using the TASK tracker: it is a convenient way to
keep track of what needs to be done, who will do it, when it will be
done, etc.

* Website: Mostly Done
Needs checking and some fixing. Please, have a look at it and report any
errors. Give hints on what you want to change. How do you like the new
layout (now same for website + documentation).

* Downloads: Mostly Done
Currently, only the last releases (0.8*) are available. Should we also
add older releases?

* Mailing Lists: Partly Done.
I created a pyformex-dev mailing list (I'm using it now). Don't know if
we need more lists. On berlios we had
  pyformex-announce: keep or use news on website ???
  pyformex-svn: used to send info about svn checkins: currently not
possible on Savannah. There may be something similar in future. We could
implement something on the client side, i.e. each developer would have
to configure it on his machine.

* FTP area: TODO
On Savannah, FTP area is same place as Downloads. We could move files
like PDF manual there in a separate subdirectory.

* Statistics: won't do
Currently not available on Savannah. Download statistics are not
relevant because Savannah is mirrored on many places.
Web page statistics: maybe try something like Google analytics?

Important: When referring to the pyFormex website, always use
one of these two (NO upper case F!):

http://pyformex.org
http://www.pyformex.org

This is prefered over a direct link to
http://www.nongnu.org/pyformex/

TODO:
* Lock features on Berlios, to avoid confusion
* Create some docs to describe workflow
* Ask people lijnking to our website to change the link (if they used a
direct link to Berlios).

Any remarks, ideas, suggestions welcome.
Maybe to be discussed soon on a pyFormex user meeting.

Benedict

Prof.Dr.ir. Benedict Verhegghe                        Universiteit Gent
E-mail: address@hidden                    IBiTech-bioMMeda
Tel: +32 9 332 4226                               Campus Heymans-Blok B
Fax: +32 9 332 4159                       De Pintelaan 185, B-9000 GENT
                                            http://www.ibitech.ugent.be