pyatcron-devel-list

[Pyatcron-devel-list] Plugins and classes

From: Brian Dee
Subject: [Pyatcron-devel-list] Plugins and classes
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2003 10:39:38 -0700

I remember in one of the emails on the list someone mentioned to me that
you all had discussed how plugins will work before I joined the group.
Can anyone explain what you had talked about to me? I've altered my
original CrontTab class to become the ScheduledTask class as shown in
the DIA diagram for the most part. But, I'm not sure what you mean with
the setTask method. I'm also unclear about pretty much the whole
GenericTask class. What's it supposed to do? What is the "parameters"
attribute for? getExecCommand?

Also, I still don't understand why you want to use integers for the
crontab string. If there is a cronjob set to be run every two hours do
you mean you would write that out to the crontab entry as
[0,2,4,6,8,10,12,14,16,18,20,22] for the hours field? Why not just a
string like "*/2"?

Just trying to make sure I see things the way you all do!!! :)

Thanks!