pyatcron-devel-list

RE: [Pyatcron-devel-list] Just a few bugs fixed

From: Brian Dee
Subject: RE: [Pyatcron-devel-list] Just a few bugs fixed
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2003 15:52:26 -0700

On Wed, 2003-11-12 at 15:46, Julien Olivier wrote:
> Speaking of CVS, anyone want to do a quick explanation of how CVS works?
> I have never used CVS other than to download code, so I know that part,
> but I'm not real clear anything else.  Maybe touch on CVS "etiquette",
> if there is such a thing.

A few command I know:

 cvs add <name of the file> -> adds a file to the CVS
 cvs remove <name of the file> -> removes a file from the CVS (the file
needs to have been deleted from the local computer first)
 cvs commit -> validate all the changes

Anyway, a simple "man cvs" will teach you a lot.

There are also useful instructions on
https://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/pyatcron/
Click on the "CVS" link in the top bar.

And if that's not enough, you can go here:
http://www.csc.calpoly.edu/~dbutler/tutorials/winter96/cvs/tutorial.html

That said, to avoid getting mess in CVS, maybe someone with experience
using CVS could manage all the commits. Other developers would simply
send patches on the mailing list. Anyone up for that ? Or do we all try
to manage it ourselves ?

There is also an excellent tutorial at http://fedora.redhat.com/participate/developers-guide/ch-cvs.html

And they point to another even better and very comprehensive one at http://www.cvshome.org/