psychosynth-user

Re: [psynth-user] Can't install from ppa or build on ubuntu 12.04 precis

From: DNS
Subject: Re: [psynth-user] Can't install from ppa or build on ubuntu 12.04 precise
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2012 07:30:18 +0200

On 17.08.2012 18:27, Aleksander Morgado wrote:

>> I'm trying to install psychosynth on my ubuntu precise machine. First
>> tried with the ppa. The one for precise pangolin is not available, so i
>> tried to use the oneiric one, but with no success. Apt get tells me:
>
>> psychosynth-gui : Depends on: libogre-1.7.3 but can't be installed
>> (translation is mine, my terminal is in italian, hope it makes sense)
>
>> So i tried building it from source, following the installation guide
>> from the website. Even worse... I am unable to obtain several packages.
>> Here's part of apt-get output:
>
>> Note, "liblo-dev" is selected instead of "liblo0-dev"
>> Note, "libsndfile1-dev" is selected instead of "libsndfile-dev"
>> Note, "libsoundtouch-dev" is selected instead of "libsoundtouch1-dev"
>
>> The package libboost1.35-dev has got no available versions, but is named
>> by another package. That may mean that the package is missing, obsolete
>> or that it is available only inside (through?) another source.
>
>> E: Impossible to find package libceguiogre-dev
>> E: Impossible to find package libboost-serialization1.35-dev
>> E: Impossible to find any package through the regular expression
>> "libboost-serialization1.35-dev"
>> E: The package "libboost1.35-dev" has no candidates for installation
>
>> (again, english translation is mine)
>
>> Any suggestion?
>

> DNS: are you able to follow up on this issue? I already switched all my
> machines to Fedora. I need to say that I'm leaving Ubuntu packaging
> orphaned, so if you want to take it, it's yours :-)
>
> On a side note, I may start Fedora packages one of these days... :-)
>
> Cheers!

Ok, i uploaded new packages for precise and quantal.
problem should be fixed with these, enjoy:)

Aleksander: No problem i will take it heh :D
Note: ..but unfortunetly Fedora, like Ubuntu, is not a 100% free
GNU/Linux Distro, what about one of these >
https://www.gnu.org/distros/free-distros.html ? (I use Trisquel since
4.5 :))

Cheers 2 ;)