pspp-users

Re: PSPP for windows.

From: John Darrington
Subject: Re: PSPP for windows.
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2021 07:54:40 +0100

On Fri, Mar 05, 2021 at 01:55:02AM +0100, Gunnar Horrigmo wrote:

     I'm slightly confused about the implications of this statement on
     https://www.gnu.org/software/pspp/get.html:

     | Windows
     |
     | For PSPP versions prior to October 2020, Harry Thijssen provides
     | installers or all downloadable files.

     Does this mean that there will no longer be provided "official"
     PSPP installers for windows?

There never were any "official" binaries (for any platform).  Harry has
kindly provided these binaries for many years, but has indicated that he
wishes to "retire" shortly.  Thanks for all the effort Harry.

     I am deploying PSPP to thousands of windows computers. Should I set
     up my own build environment, or is there another recommended method?

As you deploy so many copies, it might well be worth your while building
it yourself.  That way you will get the flexibility you need.  Otherwise
wait until somebody comes along and takes over the reigns from Harry.

J'