pspp-users

Need help installing PSPP on my laptop

From: Julie Worwa
Subject: Need help installing PSPP on my laptop
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2014 11:06:51 -0600

Hi PSPP users,

I'm trying to install PSPP on my laptop and am not sure how to proceed, which files I need, and what application to use to open them.

I've gone to the source code page at http://ftp.wayne.edu/gnu/pspp/ and see that the most recent files are pspp-0.8.4.tar.gz and pspp-0.8.4.tar.gz.sig, both dated September 27, 2014. I'm assuming those two files are the ones I need but after I've downloaded them, what do I do from there?

When I click on the files, my system asks what application I should use to open a *.gz file or a *.gz.sig file. This is where I'm getting confused.

Can someone help me with this?

Thanks!

Julie Worwa