pspp-users

PSPP: Converting .dat to .spv file doesn't work - no error messages

From: Holger
Subject: PSPP: Converting .dat to .spv file doesn't work - no error messages
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2014 11:28:20 +0000 (UTC)

Dear all,

I've conducted an online survey (~2.800 participants) using LimeSurvey. I'd
like to use PSPP to analyze the resulting data - as I've done before.

However, I can't seem to manage to convert the LimeSurvey export files (SPSS
16+ format), into a functioning .spv file. But strangely enough, I don't get
any error messages when I execute the syntax file (.sps), the output file
looks fine to my eyes - but the data set window of pspp appears empty. So,
no error messages, but no data either - and no .spv file I could save.

I could provide a copy of the .sps file and a pdf export of the resulting
output window, if this helps.

I'm using Windows 7, PSPP 0.8.3 by the way. And I'm quite lost...