pspp-users

Re: progress on understanding .spv files

From: Ben Pfaff
Subject: Re: progress on understanding .spv files
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2014 10:42:12 -0700

On Sun, Oct 5, 2014 at 11:07 AM, Ben Pfaff <address@hidden> wrote:
> I want to say "thank you" to all of the helpful people who sent me
> sample .spv and corresponding .pdf files last week.  I have spent
> numerous hours looking through them and comparing them against the
> rendered versions.  I have not yet entirely figured out the format, but
> I've made a lot of progress.  After I do some more work, I guess that I
> will have some new and more specific requests for sample files, but I
> don't have any yet.

Another update: I've continued to work on this. I'm beginning to develop
a program that reads and understands the format.  I've been using the
.spv files provided by helpful readers of pspp-users, but now I know the
format well enough that I've also been able to make use of .spv files
found around the Internet that do not have corresponding .pdf files.  So
I'm not done, but I'm still learning.  I don't need any new sample files from
readers yet.

Thanks,

Ben.