pspp-users

Re: Re: download site for pspp (John Darrington)

From: Harry Thijssen
Subject: Re: Re: download site for pspp (John Darrington)
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2014 22:13:13 +0200

To a large extent I share your concerns about sourceforge.  However I
think article to which you linked is overstating the issue.  The
concerns that were mentioned on the Gimp page relate to Advertisements
on Sourceforge, not to malware in downloads.

As far as I know, sourceforge has never change a file which is placed for download on there site.

Besides if you use the links on pspp.awardspace.com you will see the adds on sourceforge but don have to click on them as the download will start automaticly.

But yeah, SF is becoming a more and more annoying site to deal with.

Yes, but unfortunately with many other sites. I hate the confusion created in which a user easily may click on the wrong link.

(Harry, is it time to consider another option?)

Difficult.
I need 200 Gb a month and a provider who has servers in different parts of the world. Further I don't like a confusing GUI but really hate it if the users have to register and leave their private information like (e)mail adres phonenumber etc. behind. Worst even providers who ask money for the ability do download and make their downloaders believe they pay for the software.

But if anybody has a reliable and stable provider who offers this for free I am interrested.

Have fun