pspp-users

I'm back. Different issue: Factor scores

From: Mark Levine
Subject: I'm back. Different issue: Factor scores
Date: Sun, 25 Aug 2013 21:01:54 -0400

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I can't find an option to output factor
scores in the FACTOR routine, as the regression routine outputs predicted
values/residuals. Am I missing something?

There are several different approaches but the Thurstone approach is pretty
common and the matrix algebra (as I remember) not too tricky. I can find the
matrix equations if that would help someone with coding chops.

Short of that, I can approximate factor scores by summing/weighting scores on
the key loading variables of each factor (transformed to standardized form).

Is there a simpler/better approach?

Cheers,

Mark