pspp-users

Command Line Export of Output Window to CSV?

From: pohaku
Subject: Command Line Export of Output Window to CSV?
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2013 14:14:34 -0800 (PST)

For my students I am making the remap as simple as possible because too much
entry is a bore to them and more than once the translate blew up on me and I
had to start over.  I wrote up an excel sheet that creates the code based
upon n-size and log(n-size,2) bins that gets generated as below: (I attached
the xlsx and any suggestions welcome.)

get /file="c:\ssci210\lectures\02\student.sav"
recode gpa
(lo thru 0.4 =0.2)
(0.4 thru 0.8 =0.6)
(0.8 thru 1.2 =1)
 into gpaRecoded.
save outfile ="c:\ssci210\lectures\02\student.sav".
frequencies /variables=gpaRecoded /format=AVALUE TABLE.
DESCRIPTIVES /VARIABLES=gpa (gpaZScore) /save /statistics=ALL.
(ideally here would be the command i discuss below)

No issues with this above. But, once the student executes this procedure
they get the results in the output window. I want them to "save as" the
output window to a "csv" file and bring back the CSV to excel because the
charts in pspp are not quite publish quality and can't be fussed with....
like scale, color, etc and it is reasonable that it be so. But, there does
not seem to be a command that I could add to the script above that would
take the "output window" of PSPP and allow me to directly write it to a CSV
file instread of having to manually do an export -- I can do it by using
"export" from the file option of the output window but I don't see a command
I could add to automatically create such a file. Did i miss this? Is it
somewhere in the list as an option?
http://old.nabble.com/file/p34880392/Bin%2BSetup.xlsx Bin+Setup.xlsx