pspp-users

copying and pasting

From: Arianne Reis
Subject: copying and pasting
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2012 17:36:09 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

I'm a new user of PSPP and not good at all with computer language, so please excuse my ignorance.

I've just downloaded the most recent version of PSPP and my operating system (I think that's the name!) is Microsoft. :)

I'm trying to copy some data from one .sav file into a new one I've just created. Is there a way of selecting some data to copy and then paste into this new file? Also, I'm creating a new variable (1 and 2) so I can identify the two sets of data (the one I'm copying in and the one I already have there); do I need to manually put 1 and 2 for all my cases, or is there a way of copying and pasting cases within the same file? I hope you can understand what I'm trying to say...

Thanks!

Arianne