pspp-users

Re: ... is allowed only after the active database has been defined.

From: John Darrington
Subject: Re: ... is allowed only after the active database has been defined.
Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2012 06:13:01 +0000

What you have described should have worked.  But it sounds as if your
GET FILE command was not successful for seom reason.

On Mon, Jul 02, 2012 at 01:35:09PM -0700, nigelscott wrote:

     Hi I am new to PSPP.  At the PSPP Windows 7 command prompt I enter get
file =
     "C:\...\myfile.sav"

Don't forget the . at the end of each command.

     and then get back the prompt.

What prompt do you get?  You should get "PSPP> "  - If you get anything else,
you entered the GET FILE
command wrong.

     I now want to run a Mann-Whitney test on the
     data but keep getting the above error when I try to run a test.  Can
     somebody point out the correct syntax for achieving this.

A  command like:
 NPAR TESTS /MANN-WHITNEY score BY grp (1,2).
should work.  Obviously you will have to change score, grp and the group values
whatever is appropriate for you case.

If you post a paste of your session, it would be easier to give you a more
precise answer.  Also, please mention what version you are running.

J'

--
PGP Public key ID: 1024D/2DE827B3
See http://keys.gnupg.net or any PGP keyserver for public key.