pspp-users

Re: Problem opening File Error : offset 0x960 (with psppire.exe-0.7.7 or

From: Ben Pfaff
Subject: Re: Problem opening File Error : offset 0x960 (with psppire.exe-0.7.7 or 0.7.5.)
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2011 09:21:51 -0700

eric thivant <address@hidden> writes:

>  I've just started working with PSPP.  And I have just one problem with the
> opening of one file "test.sav"..
> It's writen in the output
>
> GET
>
> error: "D:\DOCUME~1\THI54ERI\MESDOC~1\1349427.sav" near offset 0x960: Unknown
> variable format 0.
>
>  Do you know where the problem comes from ? Do you think it's about the
> variables and the problem of translation (french accent).

I recently fixed many problems with non-ASCII characters in
variable names.  If that is the problem, then using a very recent
version of PSPP (built from sources newer than Monday, April 25)
should fix the problem.

But "Unknown variable format 0" would not normally be a problem
with non-ASCII characters.  Can you send this .sav file to me?
(I will not share it with anyone.)  I can probably find and fix
the problem.

Thanks,

Ben.
--