pspp-users

Re: merging files and doing simple stats

From: Gordon Handford
Subject: Re: merging files and doing simple stats
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2011 09:35:59 -0800

Hello Ben,
You read the "tone" accurately.  I got a little panicked when I realized what I would need to do to use PSPP, and of course I'm on a tight deadline that didn't figure in this adaptation of PSPP to meet my needs.  I tried doing some analyses and found that some of the analyses I need aren't available, and the output in pie charts can get pretty muddied with labels overlapping.  So I decided, in my circumstances, to bail and downloaded the Demon SPSS on a 14 day trial last night.  Ouch, because my last experience with SPSS was so pathetic.  Apologies for going part way to using PSPP which tied up this clearly effective user group.
Cheers, Gordon.